Friday, April 11, 2008

Shamrock's aka The Irish Nook

My god man, can it get any worse.

We went to The Nook previously, and had a very poor experience. Unfortunately, this time round at the second location wasn't any better.

If you read the previous review, we had food problems (under cooked meet, over cooked fries) that were EXACTLY the same here. Further that with this: after being seated by the hostess, we waited while three other tables seated after us were visited by servers, orders taken, drinks delivered before we were greeted by our server. I thought the unwritten rule was first come, first served. In this case, they went to the tables with more people first, then came to the two of us.

The short of it:
Burgers were undercooked
Fries were actually burnt (tasted that way anyway) and chewy
cheese curds here were actually well cooked and tasty

Oh, if the menu says Coke, I expect a Coke when I order one. I don't know what soda they were actually serving, but it doesn't taste at all like Coke. Maybe the syrup was low or the dispenser is mixing it wrong with the water or something, but it was definitely off.

Based on this visit to their second location, we won't be coming back to either one. That decision was made in part by comments from my co-workers. I told them we went there, and two of them referred to this place as a 'dive'.

I think that says it all.

No comments: