Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The Amazing Spiderman 2 - Regal Cinemas, Eagan, MN

Ehhh... I dunno. I guess I'd say Wait for this one.

We saw this at a local theater since we were suddenly able to do so (read: babysitter available).

The Regal has gone downhill just slightly in my mind. I recall the food and beverage selection being better a few years back (and I used to go to this theater quite often before I was married). Still it was comfortable, and since the theater was nearly empty it was also quite quiet.

The movie itself seemed to drag on and on for the first hour or more. Then we had a bunch of action that seemed a bit disjointed at times, followed by another lull running 10 minutes longer than it should have, and then a short action sequence right at the end, that gets cut-off to run the credits right when it gets good. I'll bet that other folks like me that saw this bit in the trailers are gonna get slightly upset over it.

Overall, it was a decent effort. Jaimie Foxx actually did rather well in this. He showed a depth I hadn't seen from him before. The kid playing Harry Osborn shouldbe replaced. He looked sleepy all the time (facial expression) and seemed to want to be on the beach rather than in the movie.

I'll likely end up buying this on blu-ray after it hits the bargain bin at the local store, just to maintain the movie collection.

No comments: