Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier

Holy smokes! Forgot we'd seen this one already.

You should really see it in the theater, unless you have a really nice theater setup at home.

It dragged for awhile, honest. But once it ramped up, it kinda stayed there. There was a definate sense of urgency in most of the movie, and for me that only bred anticiaption.

You've all seen the previews by now so you know the deal. If you've been watching Marvels Agents of Shield on TV at all, then you know the aftermath of this movie.

Honestly, I'd go see it again in theater if I had a chance. With these current Marvel films I've been finding that seeing them again reveals things I missed the first time. This was certainly entertaining enough, but like I said it seemd to drag, almost as though the called-for scenes were written to be about 20 minutes long, and they got cut down to 8 or 12 minutes instead, when they likely should've been 3 minutes. Not all of them, not everywhere, but it became noticable half-way thru.

Still a good film, and Marvel fans will truly enjoy it.

No comments: