Wednesday, March 07, 2012

This Means War

Saw this at the Showplace ICON Theater at West End in St. Louis Park, MN just last Saturday afternoon.

We did not get the VIP Reserved Seating as the film wasn't being shown in a theater with that option. Still, even the regular seats are quite comfy.


I had mixed feelings about this movie. Chris Pine is an up-and-coming actor, and he wasn't too terribly bad in this but I was constantly reminded of him in the Star Trek reboot movie. He doesn't seem to have a whole lot of depth in his acting, but that's the kind of thing that develops with time and experience.

Tom Hardy was almost forgettable in this, he didn't seem to have as much screen time, or even the best lines in the film.

You may hate me/us for this, but Reese Witherspoon was a poor choice as the love interest for this film as well. She's not overly attractive, not a very good actress, and I couldn't see myself or anyone I know fighting for her affection. That said, her acting style seemed to fit the type of character she was playing.

Overall, the movie is a bit slow, and feels repetitive as you progress through the film. There are some genuinely funny bits in the film that got me laughing out loud, but overall it was a forgettable film. Maryanne had a similar reaction when we discussed it after the movie. There was potential for it to be much better than it was, honest. It just never got there.

To be honest, I had to go look up the show times at the theater website to remember the name of the movie. That should be a pretty good hint right there about how 'good' this movie was.

I'd Wait for this to come out as a rental, or a $1 theater somewhere before you see it unless you really like one or more of the actors in the film. It's just not worth full price in my opinion.

No comments: