Saturday, April 11, 2009

Watchmen

Umm yeah. Don't bother. It took an hour to figure out what was going on, then another hour to catch up, all for a very disappointing climax.

I'm not going to describe the movie or post spoilers here for those that are truly interested in seeing it, I will say that you shouldn't bring your children due to multiple and very adult themes.

That aside, I must say that we have not read the graphic novels at all. I suspect it wouldv'e helped us to not be lost for the first half hour or more of the movie. The back story and multiple flashbacks made up the majority of the movie, with the last 30 to 40 minutes being the only real 'current' part of movie, the driving plotline. I can't say it wasn't interesting, but I spent more time trying to figure out what was happening and what the history was behind the story instead of enjoying the story. This being caused more by the editing of the movie and not the script (though it didn't help either).

Stay away if you wanna see this movie based on the advertising and trailers. Get it from a Redbox or something for an overnight rental when the DVD is released.

No comments: