Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Snuffy's Malt Shop - Roseville, MN

I've been driving by this place for years. After the movie, we thought it'd be nice to stop in for a malt (shake for her) and a bite after seeing I Am Legend.

Long story short:
I cut my thumb on my malt spoon. It had a flat spot on the handle rubbing against or getting flattened by another piece of metal, and it had a nicely sharp edge. Went through my thumb like an x-acto knife blade.

My chocolate malt (and her shake) were apparently chocolate ice-cream and milk. Looked like a little too much milk was used (kinda runny) but still fine by themselves. Could've used an extra shot of chocolate though.

She got a chicken sandwich, and wasn't very happy with it. It looked like it wasn't cooked on the outside, but she kept cutting into it and checking and it was fully cooked. She said it felt slimy.

I got a cup of instant heart burn, also known as over-cooked (tasted, but did not look, burned) chili. Other than the slight burned taste, it was good and hot. Got me later when the diarrhea hit and I was burping it up all night. I hate to be so blunt like that, but this deserves it.

There is another Snuffy's place in St. Paul, and I've eaten there a few times before and liked it. So, I was expecting better of this location. I was disappointed instead.

We won't be back.

1 comment:

William said...

We recently recieved a comment on this entry which we were forced to reject.

Before you start screaming censorship, you need to understand that abusive, obscene and/or vulgar comments will not be posted.

'Nuff said.