Saturday, October 20, 2007

Red Lobster, Roseville - October 17, 2007

His perspective: B-

After having a difficult experience at the Maplewood Red Lobster (tough overcooked seafood is difficult to eat after all) we decided this night to try the Roseville location instead.

A night and day difference! We had a 12 or 15 minute wait (odd on a Wednesday, eh?) and were seated in the bar area.

I had the crab linguini alfredo, she had the coconut shrimp and scampi combo.

The alfredo was pretty good (I brought it home) but I wasn't at all impressed with it or antyhing. It was an alfredo with crab, what more could I expect. Her scampi were good (nice garlic) but the fried shrimp were little wrong.

Instead of finding the sweetness of the coconut, it was that and what seemed to me to be a cajun spice as well. I wasn't expecting that, neither was she. I've never had coconut anything that was spicy like that, and it threw me a curve.

She didn't finish them, and did ask our server if they were supposed to be like that. Our server said they were. Maryanne asked why that wasn't mentioned on the menu, and the server didn't really have an answer.

Other than the oddly flavored shrimp, it was a nice visit, and better than the other store we tried. Service was prompt and polite, and we even had a couple free beverages out of the deal (free before we asked about the odd food). Overall, I liked it and I'll be back.

No comments: