Sunday, August 05, 2007

The Coffee Cup - August 4, 2007

1446 Rice Street
St. Paul, MN 55117

Her perspective: D

I went in for a quick breakfast, but there was almost nothing quick about it. I went in and sat down at the counter. The busser brought me silverware right away and asked if I wanted coffee which he got right away. However, I burned my mouth on it; it was too hot. I decided quickly, but it was like pulling teeth to get the attention of a server. When she finally came over, I asked if I could order. She seemed like she really didn't want to be there. In fact, she paid more attention to the guy sitting next to me, who sat down after me. She also kept trying to fill my coffee cup when I had only taken one or two drinks from it. I also had to ask her for my check.

The food was pretty tasty and cooked properly. The eggs were fluffy, the toast was lightly toasted with a good amount of butter and the bacon was crisp.

We have been to this restaurant a couple of times before and had always had good service. I would like to believe that this was an abhorration and will most likely not get repeated. I'm giving this server the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps she was just having a bad day, but it will make me think twice before sitting in her section again.

1 comment:

William said...

I wasn't there this time around, but based on previous service and food and such, I would not mind waiting a couple months before eating here again.