Thursday, July 05, 2007

Fieldhouse Sports Tavern & Grill - July 6, 2007

Fieldhouse Sports Tavern & Grill
(763) 533-3400
5632 W Broadway Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55428-3510

Rating: A-

I went to this restaurant on my lunch break from work with a friend. We were greeted and seated immediately and got to choose our table. The host was friendly, but seemed like she was bored. She did tell us the specials and our server's name. The server gave us some time to look at the menu before she greeted us, so we knew what we wanted to drink. By the time she returned with our drinks, we were ready to order. She took our order without writing anything down, but got everything correct. She came out a couple of minutes later with two new Cokes because she had noticed that the syrup had been running out when she poured our first ones, so she changed it and poured two new ones in case ours didn't taste right. I really appreciate how observant and guest-focused that was. She wasn't overly friendly, but she did take very good care of us. She checked back at an appropriate time (after we'd had a chance to taste our food, yet not just after we'd taken a bite.

I got the Smothered Chicken. My vegetables were incredibly tasty with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese on top. As my choice of potato, I got the waffle fries with seasoned sour cream (which tasted more like seasoned Ranch). Nothing good or bad about them, they were waffle fries... My chicken had some burnt grill marks on it, but having portobello mushrooms on it made it quite tasty.

I would definitely go back.

No comments: